Diploma Entry Requirements
There are a few requirements for entry into the Diploma in Christian Leadership. Please see that you fulfil the requirements to be considered for entry into the course.
Please read our Student Handbook to find out all the information about studying at ILC
Please see our Assignment Style Guide for information on assignment formats
- It is expected that all applicants will be actively involved in a local church and that local church involvement will continue if the application is successful.
- Demonstrate support for entry to the course from the appropriate pastoral oversight from the applicant’s local church.
- Entry into the Diploma of Christian Leadership would require successful completion of the Certificate IV in Christian Leadership or equivalent.
- Direct entrance into the Diploma of Christian Leadership may also be achieved through the successful demonstration of competency in skills and underpinning knowledge to the equivalent level of Certificate IV in Christian Leadership as evidenced in an approved process of RPL.
- Applicants who do not fulfil the above requirements may apply for special exemption and admission will be granted at the discretion of the Principal.
- Previous study, work experience or other evidence of ability to undertake this level of training as detailed by individual applicants will also be taken into consideration.
- Overseas students must be 18 years of age or over.
- Minimum year 10 schooling in English or
- Holds a valid passport issued by the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland and is a citizen of that country or
- An IELTS (International English Language Testing System) results of an average 5.5 on the General test with no individual score below 5.0. or
- Occupational English Test (OET) - at least a ‘B’ for each of the test components or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet based test (TOEFLiBT) - minimum test scores in each of the four test components : 4 for listening, 4 for reading, 14 for writing and 14 for speaking or
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic - Minimum test score of at least a 36 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) or
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) – Minimum test score of 154 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing).
- Pay the International Students Application Fee of $100 to be issued a COE
- Willing to be involved in a local church
Ministry Experience Requirements
At ILC our heart is to have you actively serving and connecting in your local church. Therefore as part of the course we have built in a "Ministry Experience" component. This means that you are required to complete a certain amount of hours of service in your local Christian organisation to satisfy the requirements of the stream you choose.
In order to participate in Ministry Experience you will need a few things:
You will require a Mentor to supervise your Ministry Experience hours. This person needs to be someone in leadership authority, and who will see you serving in your chosen area or church. They will aim to assist you throughout the duration of your course.
- Police check
If you are going to be working with vulnerable groups in Australia (children under the age of 18, the elderly or those with a disability) you will be required to obtain a police check before you can commence your Ministry Experience. Please refer to your local church for assistance, as they may offer this for you for free. For police check forms and information in South Australia please click HERE.
- Child Safe Ministry (for those working with children 17 and under)
The Child Safe Ministry content is available for you in your student portal. You'll be required to watch and fill out the assessment for this free child safe series we have recorded. This valuable content will equip you to deal with potential abuse or neglect situations you may encounter in your ministry experience. This non-accredited subject is compulsory for students working with children under 17 to complete.
Click HERE to watch these sessions.